About Me

My photo
Hi, I am in my 2nd year studying to be a teacher through CQUni. This blog was designed to help me reflect on my findings about ICT tools for my and my future students' learning.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Wikis and websites

I have just recently made a wiki and a website. I quite enjoyed it, except that I didn't know what to put on them. I watched the youtube clip which showed a class wiki where they wrote a text book - I thought this was a very creative way of using a wiki. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where a wiki could be used in a prep classroom? I thought that maybe a website could be used as a Webquest, but is there any other meaningful use?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I have just done my blog on wiki and found there is an article on the internet which details 50 different ideas for using wikis. If you visit my blog the link is there or it is on Moodle under the week two practical activity. I found this very insightful and there were different ideas that I had not even thought of. For example using wiki to create a classroom calendar. Let me know if you get more ideas from here because I definitely found it useful.
    Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly,
    That is a really useful website with some great ideas!! I also was thinking that a positive about a wiki is that they're available 24/7. I know that not all school students like doing their homework and assignments, but if it involved a wiki, they may be more enthusiastic as it is a way to continue to working with their peers.

    ReplyDelete