About Me

My photo
Hi, I am in my 2nd year studying to be a teacher through CQUni. This blog was designed to help me reflect on my findings about ICT tools for my and my future students' learning.

Monday, July 26, 2010

More thoughts on PowerPoint

Ok, so I just read a preview of a book called "Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery" by Garr Reynolds. He was very honest in his description of PowerPoints. The key messages I got out of the preview were 1. They are not necessary on all occasions -I agree as PowerPoints shouldn't have too much info and so somtimes handouts, notes whiteboards and flipcharts are more appropriate. 2. The key principles when creating a PowerPoint presentation are: restraint, simplicity and naturalness. This book preview did not change my opinion on PowerPoint(I will use it in my classroom) - it just makes me consider how to best use it effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment